Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Oh boy! Again. . .

So, I feel like I might be on the edge of shutting down again. . . Only it's masked in confusion.

All because of this conversation {I} and I are having today, which has happened before. And it goes nowhere.

Essentially, she lets me know that all kinds of things are wrong, but that she isn't going to say what they are because I can't handle all the negative emotion on delivery. I, on the other hand feel I need to at least be aware of all the things that are wrong so that I don't get mired in a state where anything might be wrong, thus I can't begin to approach anything to find a solution. And I end up not being able to be at ease with much of anything. So both of us just stay in a state of constant anxiety. And she tells me I need to "regain a little confidence before I can handle all the things that are wrong."

And here I am feeling like the whole thing just keeps me in a place where I can't develop my confidence in the space of this relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment