Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The days. . . they move with speed. . .

So, today was yet another run, run, run day. I had my intake with a psychotherapist one long drive after dropping {I} off at work this morning. Then off to Ellie's school holiday lunch. But wait! I left my camera at the therapists office, in boulder. So home for just long enough to do very little and. . . back to boulder. The back home, for a half-hour. Pick up Ellie from school. Home for snack time. And going again to pick up {I} and head to her parents' house for dinner. And Ellie home. . . then home. . .

And there was a quick summation of my day. What's wrong with that? It's not all that bad, but days like today completely interfere with the functional schedule I want to move myself onto. Getting what I want done, or even what I need done. Lame.

But, that's the holidays.

The intake went well. He believes that where I'm at is very workable and I think he'll be well suited to how I function. He's alt lifestyle friendly and well learned. And he wants me to not smoke at all while in this therapy process, as well as get back to some exercise. So, on I go I believe. Still need to schedule my next appointment, which should be happening on the morrow.

Lunch with Ellie at her school was fun. . . even in light of it being school lunch.

Dinner with {I}'s family? Pretty much what I've come to expect at this point. Kinda fun, and a fair amount of stress on {I}. But what else would I expect from one's blood relations?

Still feeling rather well. Realising that I'm becoming a better partner for {I} already. Not that I'm anywhere near the far reaches of that development. But movement is happening.

Happily, the above means I'm being better for myself. Because ultimately what she wants in/from me is what I want and need. How cool is that?

Apprehensive of and looking forward to my mentorship. I'm hoping for much in the way of good.

And suddenly I realised that I don't feel comfortable that I can be implicitly honest here, in this space.

I think I'll let that settle and roll around for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment